Omni Mount Washington Resort 310 Mt Washington Hotel Rd - Bretton Woods Events
NER’s Annual Spring Ramble, aside from the obvious: the 130+ Porsches (some Ramblers drive vehicles other than Porsches), good friends, good food and a weekend at a top-notch resort hotel? You’ll arrive Friday (or earlier, at our special low rate) on your own, meet up with other early arrivers if you’re one, and begin your social and partying activities. Then we’ll all convene at 7:00 am on Saturday in the Grand Ballroom for registration, a Continental Breakfast and drivers’ meeting, and be on the road by 8:45 am heading to our lunch stop via scenic back roads in NH. Following that respite, we’ll follow an equally fun, back-roads return to the Mt. Washington. If you prefer to get back sooner to begin your partying, massage, hike or whatever, simply take the direct route that we’ll supply.
For you first timers — a hearty welcome. Your registration packet will include a detailed route to and from our lunch stop (an excellent hot buffet at The Mountain View Grand) that Joyce and I have traveled many times revising and correcting. Unlike most other group tours, we drive on our own (not in lock-step with a leader) though usually in pods. Stop at an antique shop or photo op when you want and pick up the next pod coming down the road. Don’t like the pod you’re in? Pull off and join the next pod. At 6:00 pm we’ll meet for cocktails and hors d’oeuvre followed by a plated dinner and more socializing on your own after dinner. Sunday morning we’ll have a full, hot, buffet breakfast, after which you’re on your own again to head home or stay longer and enjoy the resort.
We’re again sponsored by the good guys at European Performance Engineering in Natick, MA – 508.651.1316; give them a call for anything from an oil change to a full street to track conversion.
• Sign up early unless you’re a masochist and enjoy queues. Our room block is 140, space as available after that.
• Friday room rate is all-inclusive room only, and applies to nights pre & post Saturday.
• Saturday rate includes room, cocktail hour hors d’oeuvre (cash bar after you’ve consumed your two freebies per person), Sat. night dinner (jackets for men), Sunday morning hot breakfast buffet, and all service charges, gratuities and taxes.
• The hotel will provide a historic tour of the property on both Friday & Saturday at 4:00 pm. Sign up with the Concierge.
• The waived resort fee includes free WiFi, valet parking, all fitness centers & pools, morning coffee & newspapers.
• The registration fee that you’ll send me with your sign-up covers Saturday Continental Breakfast and Lunch, and most costs incurred in organizing and running the Ramble.
Mt. Washington Single Double
Friday $176.31 $176.31
Saturday $295.42 $407.52
Finally the details:
• Send in the registration fee — (this registration fee is the same as last five years) — of $55 per person ($75 per person after March 1) with your completed entry form. PLEASE PRINT LEGIBLY; IF I CANNOT READ YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS… YOU GET THE PICTURE! Please
differentiate between “1” and “l,” “8” and “B,” “0” and “O,” etc. Use an e-mail address that you check frequently.
• Registration fees are fully refundable through March 1, and 50% refundable thereafter through March 31, less a $25.00 fee in both cases. The Omni Mt. Washington reservations are cancelable with no penalty by calling them 72 hours before arrival.
• Shortly after your entry form and check are received you’ll get an e-mail from me telling you the following:
The process for making your reservations on-line
The Omni central reservations contact for off-line reservations and assistance
• DO NOT CALL THE OMNI MT WASHINGTON or OMNI CENTRAL # AND ATTEMPT TO MAKE A RESERVATION BEFORE YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT E-MAIL FROM ME — IT WILL GUM UP THE PROCESS.
• If you do not get my acknowledgement within two weeks of mailing your registration, Contact Me as something has gone astray. I’ll be away late Jan. – early Feb., so factor that into the equation.
• Please make your reservations with The Omni Mt. Washington promptly!!