From Nick Shanny, NER President:
Dear Northeast Region PCA club members,
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops, we want you to know that the safety and health of our club members, volunteers, event staff are always a top priority. Now more than ever, safety is our primary concern. While many spectator-based events around the U.S. have been postponed, we are not planning to cancel upcoming club events.
That said, we will be monitoring the directives of local, state and federal authorities for direction. The most common local mandate that could affect club events is a limitation on gathering size, although many of these may be specific to indoor activities.
When contemplating participation in an upcoming event, please consider the health of other participants. If you are ill, have traveled recently to a highly infected area, or have been in close contact with someone known to have the virus or the flu, then please stay home. Please exercise elevated personal hygiene and personal space etiquette as is recommended thru all public health information organizations.
Additionally, NER leadership advises Club members to analyze each individual situation and make their own decisions on whether to participate in any given activity.
If you have a question regarding refund policies, please refer to the information you received during the registration process.
The safety of participants at NER events is always a high priority. NER leadership will continue to monitor the CDC and other official national recommendations and may adjust plans accordingly based on further updates and/or restrictions imposed.
NER PCA Board
Steps to protect yourself and others:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue into the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Resources PCA is closely monitoring for updates and information: