Date(s) - 05/01/2015 - 05/03/2015
What is NER’s Annual Spring Ramble, aside from the obvious; 130+ Porsches (some Ramblers do drive vehicles other than Porsches), good friends, good food and a weekend at a top-notch resort hotel? You’ll arrive Friday (or earlier at our low rate) on your own, meet up with other early arrivers if you’re one, and begin your social and partying activities. On Friday between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM will be our wine reception with munchies. Then we’ll all convene at 7:00 AM on Saturday in the Crystal Ballroom for registration, a Continental Break fast, drivers’ meeting and be on the road by 8:45 AM heading to our lunch stop via scenic back roads in NH. Following that respite we’ll follow an equally fun, back roads return to the Mountain View Grand, or if you prefer to get back sooner to begin your partying, massage, hike or whatever simply take the direct route that we’ll supply.
For you first timers – a hearty welcome. Your registration packet will include a detailed route to and from our lunch stop (excellent buffet at The Fireside Inn) that Joyce and I have travelled many times revising and correcting. Unlike most other group tours, we drive on our own (not in lock-step with a leader) though usually in pods. Stop at an antique shop or photo op when you want and pick up the next pod coming down the road. Don’t like the pod you’re in, pull off and join the next pod.
At 6:00 PM we’ll meet for cocktails and hors d’ouvres followed by a plated dinner and more socializing on your own after dinner. Sunday morning is a full, hot, buffet breakfast after which you’re on your own again to head home or stay longer and enjoy the resort.
We’re again sponsored by the good guys at European Performance Engineering in Natick, MA – 508.651.1316; give them a call for anything from an oil change to a full street to track conversion.
If you were on the ’14 Ramble and your personal data was correct it is only necessary to fill in these items (*)
- Unless you like being in a queue, register early for one of the 140 rooms. When sold out, we own the hotel.
- Friday room rate is all inclusive room only, and applies to pre & post Saturday nights.
- Saturday rate includes room, Friday wine reception, hors d’ouveres, Saturday cocktail hour, hors d’eouvres you’ve consumed your two freebies per person), Sat. night dinner (jackets for men) and Sunday morning hot breakfast buffet, and all service charges, gratuities and taxes.
- The waived resort fee includes free WiFi, valet parking, all fitness centers & pools.
- The registration fee that you’ll send me with your sign-up covers Saturday Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and most costs incurred in organizing and running the Ramble.
Send in the registration fee of $60 per person ($85 per person after March 1) with your completed entry form below. PLEASE PRINT LEGIBLY; IF I CAN NOT READ YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS…YOU GET THE PICTURE! Please differentiate between “1” and “l”, “8” and “B”, “0” and “O’”, etc. Use an email address that you check frequently.
- Registration fees are fully refundable through March 1, and 50% refundable thereafter through April 10. The Mountain View Grand reservations are cancelable with no penalty by calling them 7 days before arrival. Please also notify me of your cancellation.
- Shortly after your entry form and check are received you’ll get an email from me with hotel reservation info and other important details
- DO NOT CALL THE MOUNTAIN VIEW GRAND AND ATTEMPT TO MAKE A RESERVATION BEFORE YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT EMAIL FROM ME– IT WILL GUM UP THE PROCESS.
- If you do not get my acknowledgement within two weeks of mailing your registration – CONTACT ME as something has gone astray. I’m away late Jan. – early Feb. so factor that into the equation.
- Please make your reservations with The Mountain View Grand promptly!!